5 Reasons Why a Trained Spokesperson Matters
Is someone from your company prepared to speak with the media if an emergency occurs? Designating an official spokesperson to handle crisis communications is important for several reasons. Having an official trained spokesperson allows you to control the narrative, keep tabs on what information is released and be available to answer questions from the press.
Red Banyan specializes in training media spokespersons and knows that effective skills come with practice. Red Banyan’s PR professionals have the experience and expertise to help you achieve an effective mix of speech delivery, speech analysis and audience analysis so your designated spokesperson will know how to get the job done right. Media spokesperson training is beneficial to anyone whose organization has a story to tell, a product to sell, or a service to offer.Does your company have a trained spokesperson ready to speak to the media when crisis hits? Check out the 5 reasons this is crucial for proactive #crisiscommunications: Click To Tweet
Why is a spokesperson valuable to a business? If your organization has specific information or a particular event to publicize, then it is important to share a unified message with the public. But if no one is designated to speak with reporters, information can come from disreputable or unreliable sources.
Conflicting narratives may be released, along with information that should not be made public or is simply wrong. Such missteps can create the kind of headaches that have no place in the chaos of an ongoing emergency.
Here are 5 reasons why designating a crisis communications spokesperson is a good idea:
- Funneling information through a single source is often the most effective way to monitor information flow and make sure what gets out is accurate and current. Red Banyan’s PR consultants can help you choose the best spokesperson possible.
- Media spokespersons undergo specialized training, so they are prepared to speak with reporters and are ready to answer difficult and challenging inquiries. Well-trained spokespersons are active listeners who know the importance of body language and eye contact.
- Spokespersons can tell a story that is thorough and informative with a beginning, middle and end. They know how to convey clear and central messages and explain points in detail.
- Spokespersons with media training will get your organization noticed, teach you how to better deal with the public and implement your messages across various media channels.
- Trained media contacts know what types of questions to expect, how to frame core messages, and share stories in ways that captivate and make a difference.
Don’t get caught off-guard. Have a trained spokesperson ready to speak with the media in case of a crisis so you can make sure the right information gets to the right people the right way.